Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest gday

What do yu think of long series?

676 posts in this topic

i personally think these series specially tvb ones that are really long are overrated and lose their plots.

what do you think?

the really long series are the drive of life, and now the gem of life.

Edited by gday

Hmm... long series as in like the family 30 mins episode ones? They're okay, something to pass time, easy and relaxing to watch.

i think max of 40 ep i can watch la...if more than that don feel like watching...

i think it depends on the story. If it is original and compelling i will not be bothered to count how long is the series. Sometimes the longer the better as there will not be too many loose ends. I have seen many 20 episodes tvb dramas and some of them end the series in a very hurried manner. Everything happened so fast and that really kill the story.

TVB used to produce such excellent dramas, regardless of the length, they could keep the audience captivated. Good quality storylines and talented casts. Unfortunately, through the years there have been less and less talented actors/actresses. There is hardly a cast that you can compliment. People like Kevin Cheng, Ruco, Charmaine, Rosina are a far cry from what good actors are supposed to be.

Then, there are other actors/actresses who have lots of potential that still goes unrecognized by TVB such as Joyce Tang, Mimi Lo, Eliza Sam, etc.

Don't forget our favorite actors/actresses, who TVB has been unable to keep on board on a regular basis. We miss watching Bobby, Michelle Y, Krystal T, Sonija Kwok, etc.

Another issue with TVB is that the good series are always shorter than the lesser quality ones. They seem to extend the ones that are a flop instead. TVB needs a revamp. Stop bringing in new actors/actresses just for the sake of it, choose more wisely and spend more time bringing up the ones with more potential. Quality is better than quantity.