Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest gday

What do yu think of long series?

676 posts in this topic

i personally think these series specially tvb ones that are really long are overrated and lose their plots.

what do you think?

the really long series are the drive of life, and now the gem of life.

Edited by gday

I prefer shorter series too. I think 20 to 40 episodes are best, 80 episodes is too long unless it is something like The Best Selling Secrets where you can miss an episode and still can follow the series. As for The Gem of Life, I am going to wait until I finish downloading the whole thing before I start watching it.

Some of them are really good (thinking about the old ones, 1990 even if the quality's not that good)..but nowadays I'm just too busy so I don't really have time to watch the long series so I only watch the shorter ones.

depends whose in it i guess...

but like MR wasn't boring or anything..

I usually like the beginning and middle but then towards the end, I start losing interest because it gets boring. Unless they're like the 20 minute sitcoms.

some of them can be interesting, but as for some, i feel that they are longer than they require...some just drag on and makes me want them to fast foward the scenes to get to the point.

I agreed totally, when the drama drag for longer than 20 episodes sometimes the writer don't even know what they are writing about. Then they keep repeating the scenes until you fall asleep.

Personally, anything over 50 episodes are considered long series to me..and usually they just drag it. ;[

most ones over 50 become a little draining

i thought that moonlight resonance was a little long but

i liked the plot but it did drag it a bit

i usually prefer 20-30 eps

If the series is really good, I like them long. Most of the released dramas that are 30+ episodes are very draggy. There's only a couple of them that I enjoyed to the very end.

i prefer series tt have oni 20 episodes or so.. 80 episodes is kinda tiring for me.... i would only watch it if it has my idol

I don't like long series.

I think, it's very boring when the story is long, but that is some series yah!!.

I almost never watch series who has more than 30 episodes.. Mostly those series don't have actors/actress i like...

i don't like them at all, like everyone says they drag on too long for no point. The longest series i've so far is Heart of Greed and Moonlight :56:

i think long series are a little too long and my attention span is too short

haha im going to have to agree with you! its way too long 80 is like 4 normal length 20 series shows! plus any long TVB series 40 maybe is max unless its a sitcom! :drinksss: but sayiong that Gallon Lo makes great long series! cant wait for the one next year

I believe that the series should be as long as it takes to tells a good story. If it's 25 eps long with no good plot....then i rather have it be 50 eps with decent plots...

I don't mind them it really let the characters develop, as well as the plot can come at a more natural pace isn't of feeling like its rush with 20 episodes.

very tiring....but is another kind of challenge if manage to finish it

For series that have like 80 episodes, the plot does not develop that quickly. They sometimes have a speedy start so that they can encapsulate their viewers, but towards the middle or even the end is when things die down. However, I like long series because they are usually grand productions, and their producers have the obligation to make it good.

I didnt mind 40 eps. . .but now the 80 eps one are just too much! i think some of the things that happen drag on too much.