Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest cici

Bloody baby girl abandoned on supermarket shelf

98 posts in this topic

Bloody baby girl abandoned on supermarket shelf

source and credit: takungpao

Trasnlated by cici@AsianEU

A baby girl was abandoned on the shelves in a Tin Hau Parknshop, the baby girl was sent to hospital for tests

GW-31.jpg

A newborn baby covered in blood still in umbilical cord was wrapped in newspapers and 2 plastic bags by 2 cold-blooded parents yesterday. She was dumped in a supermarket fruit shelves nearly suffocated to death inside the plastic bags. Fortunately, she was found in a timely manner, but after the girl was sent to Ruttonjee Hospital for tests she was later transferred to Pamela Youde Nethersole Eastern Hospital in critical condition. Eastern District Crime Squad took over the case, and police looked through the supermarket's closed-circuit television tapes to look for those who abandoned the baby.

Baby was abandoned at King's Road in North Point on Hong Kong Island in a supermarket on Tin Hau Temple Road. Yesterday's 2:51 p.m., supermarket staffs returned to finishing the packaging of fruit and vegetables stalls, and they found a plastic bag wiggling with an object inside. They thought the object inside was rats, so they informed a security guard to assist. Security guard Mr. Chan immediately rushed to scene with a carton. However, once he opened the garbage bag, he saw something moving constantly inside the plastic bag, so Chan opened the large plastic bag and found another plastic bag. Curiosity motivated him to open the plastic bag, and he was stunned to find a bloody new-born baby inside the plastic bag wrapped with newspapers. So, security guard immediately turned to inform the higher authorities. Ambulance staff rushed to the supermarket, and examined the baby first. Baby was proved to be a girl, and was first sent to the Ruttonjee Hospital for medical examinations, and then transferred to Pamela Youde Nethersole Eastern Hospital for treatment and hospitalization.

Police believed the seriousness of the situation so the Eastern District Crime Squad was assigned to follow up and police looked at the supermarket closed-circuit television tapes to trace the ones abandoning the baby girl.

Mr. Chan, the security guard who found the abandoned baby girl was relieve to hear the girl was safe and sound, and sighed with relief. He was very angry saying that children are innocent, and did not understand why her parents were such a cold-blooded people to put the baby into two plastic bags, and subsequently putting her in another supermarket plastic bag. If it was not the supermarket staffs finding the bag odd and opened it to see, the baby might be trapped inside the plastic bags and died of suffocation. Those abandoning the baby was too cruel.

In November 2004 another case of abandoned baby occurred in a supermarket, to which a seven-month-old baby girl was being abandoned by her parents and grandparents who were responsible for the care of the baby were annoyed and irritated by the baby that they abandoned the baby in a supermarket cart outside of a supermarket in Yuen Long. Since the whole process was recorded by closed-circuit television cameras, the police was able to arrest the people.

Edited by cici

Whoever who dumped the baby is cruel and senseless.

Hopefully the CCTV could identify the "animal" who did this and get prosecuted.

Edited by ckyong28

Why have sex without a condom if you don't want children? Seriously, if you have sex w/o a condom than you're asking to have a children and take full responsibility. The parents should be sentenced to life in jail for their stupidity, hopefully they get caught.

I agree with you, Solomon.

But I bet they were trying to get a boy. Since it turned out they didn't, I guess they didn't want her anymore.

Really tragic :/

good thing the baby is safe. i really hope the police find the baby's parent and caught.

couldve put her up for adoption or something=\ those parents are really stupid. LOLOL, seriously o.o why would you wrap a baby in so many layers or plastic bag

Another case of too much fun and did not thought about their actions before hand.

Cold-blooded parents, how can they just wrap a baby in newspaper and put it in a plastic bag to let the infant suffocated to death. They are so stupid if they don't want the baby they could put her up for adoption or something. I'm glad the baby is ok hopefully the CCTV could identify who the parents are and get them prosecuted.

i hope they find who did that . it`s sad to hear that they abandoned a baby still in with an umbilical cord in a super market... they could have let a relative take care of it or put it up for adoption . i`m sure lots of people are nicer than whoever abandoned the baby .

It make you wonder who did it. Maybe the parents are just kids themselves considering the baby is a newborn. Possibility they don't want the parents to know or totally lost themselves. My mom had a friend that took the daughter to the hospital thinking she had severe stomach ake and the kid had a baby. The daughter who had a baby was only 11 years old. I guess if kids at that age when they are pregnant no one knows or wouldn't even think that. By the way the father was only 14 years old.

whoever that abandaoned the baby is senseless. hope the police arrest whoever that did it.

OMG the mother must be underage or sth....I wonder if she lives in Tin Hau..If yes it's such ashame of the whole tin hau district..

Edited by beanie

I read or hear about abandoned babies every once in a while and it still sickens me. There's got to be a better way than abandoning a baby for dead. Well, at least she abandoned the baby in a store with people that could find her quickly.

The irony of this world. There are people wanting to have a child so badly and they dont get it. While others who has a child doesnt appreciate it and dumps it on a supermarket shelf

wow that is messed up. the parents should've been the ones in that bag

i can't imagine ever doing that.. sometimes i wonder what is going through the minds of the ppl who commit these acts.

it's sad that they feel like they have no one to turn to or help them through this ordeal as supposed to leaving a poor innocent baby in the supermarket

i'm a mommy-to-be and i can never imagine abandoning my child like that

what the...... so cruel to abandon a baby just like that and to think of suffocating her inside plastic bag. !!! grrrrrrrrrr

I agree with you, Solomon.

But I bet they were trying to get a boy. Since it turned out they didn't, I guess they didn't want her anymore.

Really tragic :/

Ya i agree with you that the parents was probably hoping for a boy, its a shame how we chinese in this age of modern technology still hold on to those old out of date belief of having a boy is better.

How can anybody abandon a baby like that? If they didn't want the baby they should have just left her in a safe place. Not in a plastic bag to almost die. I hope the police find the parents and arrest them.

i'm surprised after carrying around the baby for 9 months the mother would still abandon her in such a cruel and heartless manner!

i just don understand why do they have to be so cruel to babies! they cant even shout for help.. they her so helpless.. if u do not want them, why would u bring them to the world! is ur resposible.. parents! awake!