Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
silverbear

[TVB] Be My Guest - 志雲飯局

171 posts in this topic

vcd060030mda8.jpg

Be My Guest (志雲飯局) is a television programme produced by Television Broadcasts Limited in Hong Kong.

It is originally broadcasted on TVB Lifestyle Channel of TVB Pay Vision in 2006. It is also aired on certain Cathay Pacific flights, and is also available on VCD. Stephen Chan Chi Wan, General Manager of TVB, is the host of this show and he interviews notable performing artists in Hong Kong.

The Chinese name of the show means that the host and the guest chat while eating at a restaurant. The venue of the interview is different everytime based on the choice of the interviewer.

+credits to wikipedia+

when i first saw the host guy (stephen) i really just by-passed this show, but after watching a few eps with the celebs he interviewed, i foudn the show to be really interesting, and i would really recommend this show to ppl cuz u hear more inner thoughts of their lives in the show.

i actually think that this is a really good show...its really interesting and the host asks many questions that we want to know.

It's also sweet that he buys every guest a present according to their personality and that we get to really find out wt the celebrities are like.

It was quite sad when Eric Tsang was talking about Anita Mui and he was crying....

one of my favorite show, learn a lot of stuff from it

hahaaa.....this guy really has the ability to force others to tell sth that they don't really wanna talk about....one of the seniors in tvb....oh well~~

Very interesting TV show. I do not want to miss it every time is on.

Edited by ~Baby_Amy_1988~
Please don't quote

same here!!! the interview are very interesting, they will talk about topics that they usually won't reveal.

i find this show to be just okay. it really depends on the guests that come on the show. i think it might be better if stephen was the host. i just don't find him as interesting. but i would like to watch the one where eric tsang.

anyone know if this series or show is over?? or is it an on-going thing?!? my parents and family members have been talkin about it..but i never see it around

its interesting if you have the patience to listen to them talk. people sometimes reveal quite personal information about their lives. The host really digs deep (or tries) and since he's part of TVB's upper management, most of the celebrities don't dare to refuse.

the show is nice and genuine, i like how the mc phrases stuff

Actually its not bad. Stephen is a really intelligent guy. I suppose it helps when he is higher in the food chain than the celebrities are. Still i think he has a nice manner that gains the respect and trust of most of the celebrities.

It really is quite interesting to see which stars are the transparent ones.

I agree, Stephen asks really personal and interesting questions and the actors actually answer, or try to w/o talking too much about their personal lives

Very good show. But I just wonder how truthful the stars are in front of the high executive at tvb?

i actually hate the host so much...he jus looks so cunning and the whole show is so fake!!!

i still rmb how HAM SUP he was when he met tai cheung kam few yrs back

this show is pretty interesting...you really get to know the guest stars after watching an interview session...personally, i enjoy seeing what goodies (food) stephen has set up for the guests. The way they prepare the dishes seem so delicate and pretty! Everytime I watch it, my tummy starts growling...:)

Hi guys, I saw a few episodes of this series. Stephen appears to have a lot of power to dig the gossip or rumors out of artists. Does anyone know if Alex Fong's episode was released? I read it was recorded 2 months ago in the news forums. I can't seem to find it anywhere. Thanks.

definitely a very enjoyable show to watch . . . the settings of each interview and the food they have are SOOOOO GOOOOOD *drools*

as for the interviews . . . they are pretty in depth at times . . . gives me a chance to learn more about artists that i like (kelly, miriam, charmaine, gigi just to name a few) . . . others r also nice to watch because you get to listen to their stories of what they have been thru to become who they are today . . . some stories can b quite inspiring~ :nodnod:

tis host guy isnt he like a high class man in like the tvb company? is he doin tis show all of a sudden?

i wonder how much of what is said is actually true....or do they simply read from a script too?

i hate this guy!!! so pretentious...so fake.....all big stars responded only becoz hes the boss!!!