Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest cici

Teacher teases her "have no friend", student humiliated, slit hand to die

38 posts in this topic

Teacher teases her "have no friend", student humiliated, slit hand to die

Source: sun

Translated by cici@AsianEU

Girl (left) took a cutter in an attempt to cut self but was prevented by police. She was accompanied by police and relative to hospital.

sn07101122_big.jpg

A Form 5 student(11th grader) suspecting to have distant peer relationship claimed that a teacher made fun of her for having no friend in the classroom at the end of last month that she felt insulted. Yesterday, when the teacher refused to apologise, it was suspected that student became emotionally agitated after school who was on her way to return home in Tuen Mu that she took a cutter and locked herself in bathroom in an attempt to commit suicide. But she was persuaded by police officers to stop and sent to hospital.

Family filed complaints to Education Board

The girl last name is Ling (age 16) attending Sam Pui secondary school. Four o'clock yesterday afternoon when Ling returned home from school crying and taking a cutter into the bathroom and locked the room to cut hand, mother of Ling quickly called the police for help.

Police were called in to persuade Ling and sent her to hospital for tests. Ling's older sister went to schools to address issue to principal that evening, and ended up having the police to mediate.

Ling's sister said Ling failed a small test on on the 23rd last month that her teacher instructed her to copy earlier study guide which was distributed to class. But, her sister did not receive study guide because she was absent and nor could she borrow study guide from peers, and her sister claimed the teacher at the time made fun of her for having no friends. Family later complained to school authorities requiring the teacher to apologize to their sister in class, but it was suspected that teacher refused thus Ling became agitated. Family has filed a complaint to Education Board.

Principal praised well-behaved and smart

Kwok Yuet-Kuen, the school's principal said that Ling is well-behaved and smart who even earned first place last year. She had good rapport with teacher, but had poor relations with other students. Principlal did not think the teacher insulted the student, and believed that day she was just having concern for the student. School authorities will keep in touch with parents to look into the matter.

Shame for that teacher! Being a professional teacher and telling the student insults is a very bad image. Especially to students in Hong Kong when the school work is extrememly stressful, not to mention a stressful environment throughout Hong Kong. I hope the Hong Kong Board of Education will punish that teacher.

That teacher should be fire. Usually when a student is too smart they normally dont get along with the other student cause they are jealous

This teacher shouldn't have said that to the student. Its already bad enough if the teacher had said it to her one-on-one, but in front of the whole class is just unacceptable. The student probably has many issues in her life or painful experiences in the past that causes her to have a hard time with getting to know other students. Although the student should have found a way to obtain the study guide, I think the teacher made an inappropriate comment.

How can a teacher do that to a student? A teacher should be treating all students in a fair way!

that is definitely not acceptable!

wow, that teacher is so mean. she shouldnt of said anything to her students, i wonder if she will get laid off...

When a child has no friends, you don't tease them, you encourage them. This teacher should be fired and sued by the family. Teenagers have a tough time without sick adults messing with their heads!

What a terrible teacher! Teasing her own student, what with peoples these days.

That is no teacher that students should respect! Theres no comparasion attending school in the U.S. then in China. My parents have told me before that going to school in China is more tough than America. With fears like that students would be scare to go school. We go to school to learn not teachers to insult us nor being judged

I think teachers should be more aware that what they say or do will leave an impression on the much younger students. It's very immature to make fun of students. If it's a kid saying that, it would not have that great of an effect, but think about it: she's an authoritative figure and when she says that it's like embarrassing the student in front of everyone.

Well, I hope the teacher will have what she did to the student in her head.

In reality I have no real friends to hang out myself but if a teacher insulted me like that I will punch him/her in the face and call him/her a B*$(%! :mad:

That teacher is a B*&$#. A teacher is there to broaden one's mind and encourage/push them further in life, if this teacher actually said that, then shes nothing but trash

teachers should be more sensitive towards students but again the story mainly focus on the student point of view... the teacher could of never done anything wrong

Whoever is right or wrong quite clearly this girl is crying out for help. They should investigate this properly and find out what happened. It sounds like the girl has quite a lot of problems and this may have been the last straw....don't think she slit her wrist solely because of the teacher's comment.

If she is a smart girl, she wouldn´t react like this. I´m curious because her mom called the police and didn´t have the power to persuade her daughter.

the teacher should be fired. You cant say that to a student...and when ur a teacher.

Ling is too sensitive to the teachers remarks to inflict jury on to herself. The teacher might have said something offensive but that does warrant such reaction.

i cant believe that there's such a mean teacher in HK! shame for the teacher!!

shame shame shame on the teacher how the teacher say that to the student , you would be putting a bad image of yourself to students teachers are supposed to treat all kids fairly not to insult them

wow...thats not exactly something a teacher should say.....its not like she wanted to be away...=="

People like that need professional help. There's going to be many cruel people throughout life and she can't fly off the handle every time and attempt to kill herself each time she hears nasty comments.