Elite Moderators
  • Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

18 Good

About sh33pymd

  • Rank
    Elite Member
  • Birthday 04/23/1919

Contact Methods

  • Website URL
  • ICQ

Profile Information

  • Location
  • Interests
    AEU status<br /><br />HK ent. News translater<br />HKLN translator<br />Elite Moderator<br />Elite member<br /><br />Loyal Man U supporter<br />Support the Harlequins

Recent Profile Visitors

24,538 profile views
  1. Happy Birthday R.E.D !!! :wink:

    1. sh33pymd


      Thank you very much!


  2. Source: ejinsight While the government has proposed amending existing laws to prohibit the sale of alcoholic drinks to people under 18 years old, minors have no trouble buying them from retail outlets, the Hong Kong Economic Journal reports, citing the findings of a survey. Currently, Hong Kong has no legislation banning the sale and supply of liquor to minors, although some businesses voluntarily restrict such sales. A survey on drinking habits, jointly conducted by the New Century Forum and Sha Tin District Councilor Scarlett Pong Oi-lan from late March to mid-April this year, reveals that more than half of the 1,025 local respondents admitted having drunk alcohol before reaching the legal age of 18. The percentage of respondents under the age 18 who have had alcohol every day during the past month has risen from zero in 2015 to 50 percent this year, Sing Tao Daily reported, citing the same survey. The percentage of minors who have had over five glasses of wine in the past month has also risen from 25 percent to 81.8 percent during the period, the newspaper said. Pong’s team sent two six-year-old boys and a 15-year-old girl to 14 convenience stores and supermarkets in Sha Tin to find out whether they could buy alcoholic drinks. Results showed that only a few stores refused to sell alcohol to them, with the 15-year-old girl having been able to buy liquor in all the stores and the two six-year-olds having succeeded at 11 sites. The success rate was almost 90 percent, which was much higher than the results from the previous two years, and the minors were never asked why they were buying alcohol. Describing the results as “outrageous”, Pong lamented that the children who participated in this year’s inspections were the youngest ever to help the team. She also said most stores do not provide enough training to their workers and voluntary restrictions on the sale of alcohol to minors are almost non-existent. As such, enacting legislation to ban the practice is necessary to protect the youth from the harmful effects of drinking alcohol, she said. For the law to become an effective deterrent, penalties for violation should include stiff fines and even jail terms, she added. Pong also noted that the packaging and marketing of alcoholic drinks are becoming more geared toward the young.
  3. Source: Asian E-News Portal/MingPao Hong Kong's first 5D musical "The Storm Show" starring Kevin Cheng, Michael Tse, Ray Lui, Patrick Tam, Wayne Lai and Lawrence Cheng had the last performance on 16 April. On the day of the last performance, the cast attended the blessing ceremony at Hong Kong Coliseum at noon. They prayed for smooth performance and it attracted many fans. They took photos with the poster and returned to the back stage for preparation. Kevin took photos with Michael after changing into the costume and revealed that they will be continuing the stage play in Foshan: "Who knows if the show was successful or not after the performance in Hong Kong tonight? Let's continue "The Storm Show" in Foshan on 13 May!"
  4. Source: ASian E-News Portal/MingPao Ron Ng accepts an interview from the show, "1圈圈 星光背後" . He praises Andy Lau for being a movie lover, very professional and powerful. He has deep passion for his work and a role model to everyone when filming "Shock Wave". Asking if they share the feeling for being "frozen" by the company before, Ron says: "Of course we do. Haha!" Ron feels unhappy about Andy's injury earlier and gives his regards through a friend. Pointing about becoming arrogant after gaining popularity, Ron says: "There will always be room for improvement when being criticized." He denies about being arrogant and blames it on his dark skin: "Arrogant? I resemble a black face when not smiling but love having dark skin. At that time, I am clueless about communicating with the media and getting used to it after working longer. I can only blame it on myself about not expressing myself clearly." Speaking about his relationship status, Ron said the rumours are not true, his mother does not pressure him to get married: "She knows I have skip the marriage stage and now, she only asks me when I will be having children. I hope to have common topic with my partner and I will wait for the right person to appear now."
  5. Source:SCMP/Appledaily The wife of a 50-year-old electronic engineer is appealing for a new heart to save her husband. Tearful Lilian Ip Lai-fong said on Thursday she felt “scared and helpless every day” for Sin Chi-wa, who suffers from organ failure. Sin was first admitted to Tuen Mun Hospital for an angioplasty procedure on October 25 last year after having a heart attack at work. He was transferred to the ­intensive care unit at Queen Mary Hospital on the same day after doctors found his heart muscle was not functioning. On November 9, a mechanical pump was implanted, but doctors said his heart was still operating at 15 per cent less than normal and there were fears of further ­infection. Dr Cally Ho Ka-Lai, consultant at the department of cardiothoracic surgery in Queen Mary ­Hospital, said Sin had suffered further complications – such as strokes and infections – over the past few months. She said Sin, who is 183cm tall and weighs 64kg, would need a heart from someone who is at least 160cm tall and belongs to blood type A or O. Sin’s older brother, Sin Chi-Keung, also made a public appeal for donors. “I couldn’t control my tears and simply didn’t know what to do when I saw my brother in bed,” he said. So far, two heart transplants have been performed this year, but about 30 people are said to be still waiting for organs. Last year, a total of 12 heart and nine lung transplants were ­conducted.
  6. Source: SCMP/ Aaron Kwok Fu-shing is no longer one of Hong Kong’s most eligible bachelors – he has married Shanghai model Moka Fang. The singer wed Fang on Tuesday in a private ceremony attended by close relatives at the city’s Peninsula hotel. AAeon 51, had announced his relationship with Fang, 29, on Weibo – China’s answer to Twitter – in December 2015. On Tuesday Aaron shared on his Weibo account a pre-wedding portrait of himself and Fang taken by acclaimed Hong Kong photographer and filmmaker Wing Shya. Apple Daily reported that The Peninsula was heavily guarded during the afternoon ceremony and that the couple hosted a 10-table banquet after their wedding. Aaron rose to fame in the 1990s as one of Hong Kong’s “Four Heavenly Kings” – alongside Jacky Cheung Hok-yau, Andy Lau Tak-wah and Leon Lai Ming – and is the last of the four to get married. In the past he has dated a string of starlets including Christy Chung, Athena Chu, Amanda Strang, Lynn Hung and Norika Fujiwara.
  7. Source: SCMP/Appledaily/ Police have detained a 75-year-old man in connection with the murder of his landlord, who was found bludgeoned to death in a Yuen Long village house. The suspect was arrested on Sunday evening near the three-storey building in Tin Sam Tsuen, where the decomposing body of the 80-year-old victim was found with multiple head injuries inside a locked room on the ground floor. A police source said the deceased man’s face was so badly smashed that investigators could not confirm his identity immediately. The landlord owned the ground-floor flat, which had been partitioned into three rooms. He had lived in one of the rooms and rented the others to two tenants, including the suspect. Investigators believe the suspect had been on bad terms with the landlord due to an issue over the latter’s visitors. Acting senior superintendent Li Kwai-wah of the New Territories North regional headquarters said the pair had had a dispute followed by a physical clash inside the flat at about 1pm on April 16, when the suspect attacked the victim with a hammer. The suspect, who was seen near the crime scene and had been assisting with the police investigation before his eventual arrest, earlier told the press that he was just a friend, not a tenant, and knew nothing about the case. “His information did not match what he provided at the beginning. Our further investigation showed that he was involved in the case,” Li said. The landlord was an indigenous villager from nearby Ha Tsuen, and he sometimes stayed overnight in the room. The handcuffed and masked suspect was escorted back to the crime scene on Sunday night as part of the investigation. Li said police would launch for search for the hammer on Monday. The New Territories North regional crime unit is investigating.
  8. Source: SCMP/Appledaily/Youtube About 10 Hongkongers travelling in Jiangxi province were injured after a wooden bridge at tourist spot Dujuan Mountain suddenly collapsed on Saturday. The Hong Kong Immigration Department has confirmed the accident and is verifying the number of tourists hurt. It is understood that the injured Hongkongers are in stable condition. A source close to the matter said the bridge located at the ticket checkpoint at Dujuan Mountain, part of the Jinggang Mountains range, suddenly fell apart at about 4pm on Saturday. “There were around 20 Hongkongers at the scene. Some had minor injuries while others were taken to hospitals for medical treatment,” the source said. He added that the tourists belonged to a tour group led by a Tai Po district councillor. “The councillor was taking a group of 200 to visit the Jinggang Mountains. It is unclear why 20 of them were at the accident spot,” the source continued. An Immigration Department spokesman said the authority was following the situation closely.
  9. Source: SCMP/Appledaily/ Three children and two men were injured on Saturday morning when an alcohol stove blew up at a popular campsite on Lantau. Police said the stove exploded at Pui O Campsite, in the south of the island, as one of the men was adding fuel. A woman told media: “I heard a loud bang and saw fire nearby. My husband and other people immediately rushed to put out the fire.” Another witness said he used wet towels to douse the flames, which damaged numerous tents. The injured – two girls and a boy all aged nine, and two men aged 44 and 46 – were taken to hospital in North Lantau Island for treatment to leg injuries and were later discharged. The fire was put out before officers arrived. Police said there were no suspicious circumstances and the Fire Services Department was investigating.
  10. Source: Coconuts HK/Appledaily A sex worker and her client were both arrested yesterday after they got into a scuffle over payment. At around 11am yesterday, a 64-year-old man surnamed Lau hired a prostitute surnamed Kong in Yau Ma Tei, Apple Daily reports. The pair went to a nearby hotel on Waterloo Road, but apparently got into a dispute over pricing after having sex. Lau reportedly refused to settle up and, upon hearing Kong threaten to call the police, took her phone and ran out of the room. Kong chased him, yelling for help along the way, and eventually caught the 64-year-old at Yau Ma Tei MTR Station with the help of passersby. Once she caught up with Lau, Kong reportedly took off one of her high-heeled shoes and hit the man with it until he was pulled off by witnesses. Police officers arrived on the scene to arrest the pair for fighting in a public place. Both Lau and Kong sustained injuries and were sent to the hospital for treatment.
  11. Source: SCMP Image: A pest controller admitted in a Hong Kong court on Thursday that he sexually assaulted his 11-year-old adopted daughter on four occasions in a bunk bed shared by the family. His relatives and friends called for leniency as they wrote in mitigation that he committed the crime only in “a moment of stupidity”. But judge David Dufton warned: “Clearly the defendant is going to jail for years.” The 67-year-old man, who cannot be named to protect the girl’s identity, pleaded guilty to four counts of indecent assault, which is punishable by 10 years’ imprisonment. He will be sentenced on May 29. The District Court heard the assaults began in December 2015, when the man climbed into his daughter’s upper bunk and molested her over her pyjamas. “She felt disgusted and turned her back to him,” a clerk read. “The defendant [then] stopped.” But the man threatened to hit the girl if she disclosed the incident to anyone. The assaults gradually escalated last May but stopped short of penetration. On November 8 last year, his wife caught him molesting their daughter in the lower bunk. She explained to her daughter that it was a serious matter and reported the case to police. Defence counsel Karen Cheung said that her client had “little to say for mitigation” except that he was remorseful. “He regretted what he had done and the damage to the girl,” she said. The man also wrote to judge Dufton explaining that he would accept the legal consequences and receive psychological treatment after 128 days of reflection in custody.
  12. Source: Coconuts HK/ A woman was rushed to the hospital today after she fell from the seventh-floor departures hall of Hong Kong International Airport. The woman, a Chinese national, fell from Departure Gate G on the seventh floor to Arrivals Hall B on the ground floor at 12:06pm, Oriental Daily reports. Airport security guards called emergency services, who rushed her to Princess Margaret hospital in an unconscious state. A witness surnamed Lee told Apple Daily, “There were lots of people in the arrivals hall at the time, but fortunately, nobody was hurt by the falling woman.” Police officers seized a paper bag containing multiple notes written in Simplified Chinese and a small red suitcase at the scene. According to Apple Daily, shoe prints were found on the security railings at Gate G. Police were unable to find any identification documents in the woman’s belongings. If anyone knows who she is, or has any information about the case, please call 3661 2083. She is around 40 years old, of medium build, has long black hair, and was wearing a brown long-sleeved shirt, black trousers, and black shoes.
  13. Source: SCMP/MingPao/Youtube/ Hong Kong crime film Trivisa – which is banned in mainland China – scooped the Best Film award at the 36th Hong Kong Film Awards, the city’s answer to the Oscars. It took a total of five awards on Sunday night – the largest number among all nominated films. The film’s director, Johnnie To Kei-fung, originally produced the film as a training exercise for younger directors without any intention to win prizes. Live updates of the award ceremony were blocked on some websites in mainland China when the film was mentioned. The film industry has speculated that the ban may be related to the film’s co-director, Jevons Au Man-kit, who was also a co-director of Ten Years, a popular but controversial dystopian film which won the best film award last year. Ten Years paints a grim picture of life in Hong Kong in 2025 under Chinese rule. It was slammed on the mainland for being “absurd” and “pessimistic”. Trivisa is based on the period around the city’s handover in 1997. It included some scenes depicting corrupt mainland officials. The three directors of Trivisa – Frank Hui, Vicky Wong and Au – took the Best Director award. The Best Actress award was claimed by local actress Kara Hui Ying-hung for the third time with her performance in Happiness. The film centred around the story of a cognitive disorder patient. The sobbing 57-year-old thanked her mother, who passed away a few months ago. “The film reminds me of my mother. Mum, please be proud of me,” she said. Gordon Lam Ka-tung was named Best Actor for his role in Trivisa as Kwai Ping-hung, one of Hong Kong’s most notorious criminals in the 1990s. The film was based on the lives of mobsters Kwai, Yip Kai-foon and Cheung Tze-keung. The 49-year-old veteran, who started his acting career at TVB in 1987, was earlier honoured with the same prize in the Hong Kong Film Critics Society Award. Eric Tsang won the Best Supporting Actor for his role in Mad World. He performed free of charge. “It would be great if both of us could win,” he shouted to his son Derek Tsang, whose film Soul Mate was nominated for 12 prizes but only secured one for Best Original Film Score.Mermaid, directed by comedy superstar Stephen Chow Sing-chi, did not win anything despite eight nominations. Other winners for the movie included Taiwan-born actress Elaine Jin Yan-ling, who won her fourth Best Supporting Actress award, a prize she has been nominated for 10 times. It only took her one day to complete her scene in Mad World due to the limited budget.“I especially wanted to win the prize because I knew I had the chance to get it from both the Golden Horse Awards and in Hong Kong,” she said backstage. “I am not young anymore, which makes my working opportunities also less than before. I treasure the chance to act every time.” THE WINNERS Best film: Trivisa Best Director: Frank Hui, Jevons Au, Vicky Wong (Trivisa) Best Actor: Gordon Lam (Trivisa) Best Actress: Kara Wai ( Happiness ) Best Supporting Actor: Eric Tsang (Mad World) Best Supporting Actress: Elaine Jin (Mad World) Best New Performer: Tony Wu (Weeds on Fire) Best Screenplay; Trivisa Best Cinematography: Peter Pau, Cao Yu (See You Tomorrow) Best Film Editing: Allen Leung, David Richardson (Trivisa) Best Art Direction: See You Tomorrow Best Sostume and Make-up Design: The Monkey King 2 Best Action Choreography: Operation Mekong Best Original Film Score: Peter Kam, Yusuke Hatano (Soul Mate) Best Original Film Song: Anthem of Shatin Martins (Weeds on Fire) Best Sound Design: Kinson Tsang, George Lee Yiu-Keung ( Cold War 2 ) Best Visual Effects: The Monkey King 2 Best New Director: Wong Chun (Mad World) Best Film from China and Taiwan: Godspeed
  14. Source: SCMP/ Seventy people were injured on Wednesday night in a three-vehicle pile up on the Yuen Long Highway near Pok Oi Interchange. Southbound traffic was seriously jammed after buses from Kowloon Motor Bus and Citybus and a green minibus collided with each other. The route 44 minibus was ahead of the KMB and Citybus double deckers when they piled up. One female passenger was briefly stranded in the upper deck of the Citybus route 967X before being freed. Scores of injured people, the majority of them bus passengers, sat on the ground to await assistance from the rescuers. Though most sustained minor injuries, one woman who was freed from the Citybus sustained fractures to both her legs. All of the injured were conscious when they were being sent to hospitals, including Pok Oi, Tuen Mun, North District, Yan Chai and Princess Margaret. The authorities closed down the southbound lanes after the crash and queues of traffic tailed back northward for 4km to Fairview Park. A passenger from the KMB bus route 265M said: “It was chaotic inside the cabin. There was smoke, the smell of burning and broken glass flying everywhere. And people were rushing to get out.” The congestion was cleared up by about 9pm, when the involved vehicles were removed. Police said the minibus and bus drivers passed breathalyser tests. They were investigating.
  15. Source: ejinsight/Appledaily/ Train services on the MTR’s Kwun Tong line were suspended during the evening rush hour on Monday due to a power failure at the Kowloon Bay station, causing traffic jams on the road and chaos for commuters. The power failure was reported to have occurred at about 6 p.m., leading to a blackout and a complete halt of train services on the affected line, according to the Hong Kong Economic Journal. A train was stuck between Kowloon Bay and Choi Hung stations for nearly an hour without air-conditioning and lighting. Passengers onboard had to open windows manually for ventilation. Most of the passengers remained calm awaiting rescue. A passenger, surnamed Cheung, said the train had suddenly slowed and stopped after a loud noise. Another commuter, surnamed Leung, said that when the train came to a stop, he saw sparks coming from between the train carriages after three “banging sounds”. The passengers walked about 50 meters along the rail track from a platform in Choi Hung station. A total of eight people had to be hospitalized with breathing difficulties. The incident paralysed East Kowloon traffic for nearly two hours as people scrambled to take road transport after MTR services were cut to 30-minute intervals. Bus companies increased service frequencies along the Kwun Tong line. Many bus stops in Kwun Tong, Ngau Tau Kok and Mong Kok were chaotic as long lines formed. After nearly two and a half hours, trains finally resumed to normal services at 8:30 p.m., Now News reports. MTR operations director Lau Tin-shing said the problem had originated in the power cables between Choi Hung station and Kowloon Bay station. He described the events as serious and said they would undertake a thorough investigation and find ways to improve communication with commuters. Legislator Andrew Wan urged the MTR to review its crisis management mechanisms to prevent similar incidents in the future.