Bleach attacks: meat spoiled and employees hurt as five branches of Kai Bo Food Supermarkets hit in less than three hours

    sh33pymd
    By sh33pymd,

    Source: SCMP/Appledaily

    ■蒲崗村道分店的肉枱有疑是漂白水的痕迹。

    12lp1p1.jpg

     

    a12a01a.gif

     

    Five branches of a Hong Kong supermarket were hit by bleach attacks over the course of about 2½ hours on Wednesday afternoon. 

    The first incident happened at 1.17pm, when a man poured bleach onto meat in the Po Kong Village Road outlet of Kai Bo Food Supermarket in Tsz Wan Shan and ran out. Three minutes later, a second branch on Yuk Wah Crescent, about 400 metres away, was also hit. “A man entered the supermarket and threw bleach over three employees before running out of the shop,” a police spokeswoman said. Meat worth about HK$3,000 (US$380) was also splashed with the liquid. The members of staff were taken to Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Yau Ma Tei for treatment.

     At 1.25pm, bleach was splashed onto an employee in the Broadway outlet of Kai Bo on Mei Foo Sun Chuen private housing estate in Lai Chi Kok – almost 9km away from the first two attacks. Again, meat was also spoiled and the employee went to Princess Margaret Hospital for treatment.

    Almost two hours later, at 3.16pm, police were called to another branch, this time on Fuk Wing Street in Sham Shui Po, after staff discovered pork had been spoiled. CCTV footage showed a man pouring liquid on the meat and running away, police said. A man later left a bag containing bleach on a table in a fifth branch on Reclamation Street at 3.48pm.

    Police were searching for a possible connection and motive behind the attacks. The supermarket did not provide comment.

     

     

     

     


    Man, 30, arrested over at least 3 KMB needle-planting incidents

    sh33pymd
    By sh33pymd,

    Source: ejinsight/youtube

    06la2p01new.jpg

    a0303a.gif

    Police arrested an unemployed man on suspicion that he was behind at least three recent needle-planting incidents on buses operated by Kowloon Motor Bus Co. (KMB), the Hong Kong Economic Journal reports.

    The suspect, 30, was arrested at around 11 p.m. on Wednesday inside his flat at Cheung Fat Estate, a public rental housing estate in Tsing Yi, after investigators spent days going through videos from security cameras installed on KMB buses. Seven sewing needles were seized from the flat, including four of the same length as those found sticking out of the seats of three double-decker buses on Wednesday and Thursday last week.

    Three passengers were injured in those incidents, which happened aboard KMB buses plying the 41A, 48X and 81 routes, RTHK reported. During interrogation, the man said he planted the needles because he was not happy with the KMB’s services, according to police. He said he had been a victim of a KMB bus skipping the bus stop, and he decided to get back at the bus operator by planting needles on the bus seats.

    However, more than three incidents of the kind were reported over the past week,  prompting investigators to believe that there might be other culprits. Police did not rule out further arrests. Anyone found guilty of intentionally causing others to be seriously injured or permanently disabled could be jailed for life, police warned. 

    A total of 10 needle-planting incidents involving KMB buses have been reported to the police since the first one took place on Wednesday last week. The latest one was reported at Lam Tin Station Public Transport Interchange on Thursday night by a man, who said a needle was stuck in his pants after he got off a 298E KMB bus he took in the morning.


    Yet another needle found sticking out of Hong Kong bus seat

    sh33pymd
    By sh33pymd,

    Source: SCMP/Appledaily/On.cc

    1530681104_4818.jpg

    1530680854_4e0b.jpg

    bkn-20180704121131483-0704_00822_001_03b.jpg?20180704162149

    1530683040_d4f6.jpg

    The strange spate of needles sticking out of Hong Kong bus seats continued on Tuesday, when the sixth such needle in less than a week was found on a KMB bus. The fresh case was reported at about 8.15am. The double-decker was operating route 46 and about to leave the terminal at Lai Yiu Estate, Kwai Chung, heading to Jordan.

    A KMB spokeswoman said a passenger spotted the needle, about an inch long, planted in a seat on the vehicle’s lower deck and told the driver. The bus had no CCTV camera, she added. No one was hurt. “KMB is highly concerned about the repeated findings of needles, and severely condemns the moves because it may hurt our passengers,” she said. This comes as police investigate five similar cases, all on KMB buses.

    Hidden Content

      Like this post or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.
     were reported on Wednesday, when two women on separate buses said they had been pricked by needles planted on their seats – one travelling from Tsim Sha Tsui East to Tsing Yi, the other from Sha Tin to Tsuen Wan. Both needles were found on the upper deck, and the pair had minor injuries. Two more cases came on Thursday morning and 

    Hidden Content

      Like this post or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.
    , while the fifth needle was found on 

    Hidden Content

      Like this post or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.
    . No one was hurt in those incidents.

    Police are looking into the cases but had arrested no one. KMB called on passengers to check their seats carefully before sitting, adding that they should contact police and the company immediately if they find anything suspicious.


    Woman who starved seven-year-old daughter until she became ‘corpse-like’ jailed for 15 years

    sh33pymd
    By sh33pymd,

    Source: 

    1530249720_9d27.jpg

    bkn-20180629100640192-0629_00822_001_01p.jpg?20180629144934

    1530239840_ff5b.jpg

    1530239909_257a.jpg

    A woman who deprived her seven-year-old daughter of medical treatment and starved her till she 

    Hidden Content

      Like this post or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.
     was sentenced to 15 years and three months in jail on Friday.

    Following a 48-day trial that gripped the city, Mandy Wong Wing-man, 42, was 

    Hidden Content

      Like this post or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.
     of one count of neglecting Suki Ling Yun-lam. She was also convicted of two counts of perverting the course of public justice, while her ex-husband, Rocky Ling Yiu-chung, 52, was convicted of one count, for covering up Wong’s crime with an array of lies when the authorities looked into the matter. Ling was jailed for four years and six months. Mr Justice Kevin Zervos passed the sentence at the High Court on Thursday.

    The court previously heard that Wong, also known as Wang Xuexin, moved to Hong Kong from mainland China in 2012. She brought Suki to the city with her two years later. The girl, who was enrolled in a kindergarten, began missing classes in 2015 as she showed signs of abuse. She was last seen at school on April 28 that year. Suki turned up in her mother’s arms three months later at the Yan Chai Hospital, suffering from cardiac arrest, and so pale and feeble that a nurse at the triage station shouted: “What? A corpse?”

    The child was diagnosed with irreversible brain damage and a “profound level” of intellectual disability. She is now capable only of breathing and moving her eyes. During the subsequent investigation, Wong and Ling told a series of lies to doctors, social workers and police officers. The court heard on Thursday that Suki 

    Hidden Content

      Like this post or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.
    , according to her latest medical report. During mitigation, Ling expressed regret in a handwritten letter: “I apologise to everyone, in particular to [the victim] Lam Lam.”


    Woman shoots four in Hong Kong park: police rule out terrorist attack

    sh33pymd
    By sh33pymd,

    Source: SCMP/Appledaily/On.cc

    bkn-20180626152530773-0626_00822_001_02p.jpg?20180626165430

    1530000927_98ec.jpg

    bkn-20180626152530773-0626_00822_001_03p.jpg?20180626165430

    A man and a woman were shot in head and two other people were injured in a gun attack at a Hong Kong park on Tuesday, leading to the arrest of another woman by the counter terrorism unit.

    The gunwoman, who is in her 40s, was apprehended at phase four of Cityplaza in Taikoo Shing public housing unit, after the incident in Quarry Bay Park soon after 3pm. But a police source said she is not considered a terrorism suspect, and the attack appeared not to be a “random shooting”.

    The victims, who are aged between 40 and 60, are all Hongkongers, as is the shooter, and all are believed to know each other. “It appears the suspect has a target in the incident,” the source said. The source said a genuine handgun had been found at the scene, and confirmed all the victims had been shot. “Two of them were injured in the head, and the other two were shot in the shoulder and hand,” the source said. “A witness told officers he heard the sound of gunshots and found two injured people in the park,” a police spokesman said.

    Initial information showed two of the injured – a man and a woman – suffered head injuries and were taken conscious to Pamela Youde Nethersole Eastern Hospital in Chai Wan. In response to global terrorist attacks, the city’s anti-terrorism officers started to patrol the city’s railway network late 2016.

    The Post reported in September last year that the number of sensitive locations Hong Kong’s elite counter terrorism officers inspect and patrol has increased threefold to 600 over the past eight years.


Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS