Shirley Yeung confirms pregnancy after keeping her marriage under wraps

    sh33pymd
    By sh33pymd,

    Source: The Straits Times/Ming Pao

    c0c4b97dc94b895eb65585626120b4d7.jpg

    c0c4af41a0a84bdbe5ec488249e22a7e.jpg

    Actress Shirley Yeung, the 2001 Miss Hong Kong winner, confirmed on Sunday (Oct 13) that she is pregnant with her second child, after earlier speculation in the media about her slightly bulging tummy.

    The 41-year-old, known for roles in TVB dramas such as Angels Of Mission (2004) and The Brink Of Law (2007), is a single mother with a seven-year-old daughter. According to Ming Pao Daily News, Yeung discovered she was pregnant when she went to see a doctor in a hospital in August.

    Last month, she was spotted by netizens with a slight bulging tummy while filming a television programme in Seoul. Earlier this month, she was seen attending a commercial activity in China in a loose-fitting blouse with an even bigger tummy. Yeung, who has always stressed that she is single, told the Hong Kong media that she and her boyfriend had just registered their marriage outside Hong Kong in the middle of this year. She said that she did not keep the marriage secret intentionally, but did not see the need to announce it as her husband is not from the entertainment industry. 

    Yeung, who had reportedly dated married businessman Peter Ko four years ago, denied that her husband is Mr Ko and declined to disclose more details about her husband. The actress was involved in a nine-year relationship with actor Gregory Lee after she entered the entertainment industry. She later fell in love with Hong Kong team diver Andy Ng and was pregnant with his child. She broke off with Ng after giving birth to their daughter Krystal in the United States in 2012. 


    Tens of thousands pound Hong Kong's streets, outraged by anti-mask law amid sweeping closures of MTR stations

    sh33pymd
    By sh33pymd,

    Source: SCMP/On.cc/Appledaily

    oncc_odn_news_20191006.jpg

    許頌明攝(蘋果日報)

    在東角道的反對蒙面法遊行,有人用揚聲器向執法人員宣戰。(陳德賢攝)

    1570343456_1119.png

    Thousands of demonstrators angered by the anti-mask law returned to Hong Kong’s streets on Sunday, after its introduction late on Friday sparked violence that ground the city to a halt.

    Two groups of anti-government demonstrators, many of them covering their faces, are marching on routes from East Point Road in Causeway Bay to Chater Garden in Central, and from Salisbury Road in Tsim Sha Tsui to Maple Street Playground in Sham Shui Po, in a coordinated action that started at 2pm. It is the third straight day of protests against the ban, which came into force at midnight on Friday. Radicals of the anti-government movement have vandalised railway facilities and shops as part of the backlash, which led to the closure of the entire railway network on Saturday.

    Hong Kong’s embattled leader Carrie Lam Cheng Yuet-ngor appealed to the public on Saturday to condemn the protest violence as she defended her decision to impose the ban by invoking colonial-era legislation for the first time in more than half a century. Follow our live blog below for the latest updates. Reporting by Ng Kang-chung, Fiona Sun, Simone McCarthy, Jeffie Lam, Laurie Chen, Chris Lau, Karen Zhang, Zoe Low and Georgina Lee.

    Woman dies and 14 injured in Hong Kong crash between minibus and bus in New Territories

    sh33pymd
    By sh33pymd,

    Source: SCMP

    A minibus and KMB vehicle were involved in the 4am crash on Thursday. Photo: RTHK

    A woman died and 14 people were injured in a crash involving a minibus and a bus in Sheung Shui early on Thursday.

    The 56-year-old female driver of the red minibus, which was bound for Yuen Long from Sheung Shui, became trapped after the vehicle collided head-on with a Kowloon Motor Bus on the Kwu Tung stretch of Castle Peak Road at about 4am. She fell unconscious during the rescue effort and later died at the scene.

    Police said the minibus had been driving on the wrong side of the road at the time of the collision. The bus then smashed into a taxi parked on the pavement. The 14 injured – 11 minibus passengers and the driver and two passengers of the other bus – have been sent to North District Hospital in Sheung Shui, Nethersole Hospital in Tai Po, and Prince of Wales Hospital in Sha Tin, for treatment.


    Protester shot in chest at close range in Tsuen Wan clashes

    sh33pymd
    By sh33pymd,

    Source: ejinsight/youtube/On.cc

    bkn-20191001164715929-1001_00822_001_02b.jpg?20191001235607

    bkn-20191001164715929-1001_00822_001_01p.jpg?20191001235607

    Amateur video of violent demonstrations in Hong Kong on Tuesday captures the moment when a policeman points a pistol at a black-clad protester and fires a round, after which the young man falls to the floor. The footage, taken by students during a chaotic melee in the Tsuen Wan area of the city, is the first known instance of a protester being shot with live ammunition during weeks of clashes between police and pro-democracy campaigners.

    Police confirmed that an officer opened fire at a protester, an 18-year-old secondary five student, saying he was acting in self-defense. “A large group of rioters was attacking police officers in Tsuen Wan,” police said in a statement. “Police officers warned them, but they were still attacking police. A police officer’s life was seriously endangered. In order to save his and other officers’ lives, they fired at the attacker.” Video posted on social media shows the protester swing a baton at a policeman, brushing his right arm. When the footage is slowed down, a white flash appears at the end of the pistol barrel pointing at the protester’s chest from around a meter away. The protester stumbles over another policeman and falls on his back.

    A second protester wearing a yellow construction hat rushes to the wounded man’s aid before being tackled to the ground by police. After lying motionless for several moments, the wounded protester removes his gas mask and calls weakly for help, giving his name and saying his chest hurts and that he needs to go to hospital. A policeman then kneels beside him and begins to tend to his wound. Protesters have been hit before with bean bags and rubber bullets and officers have fired live rounds in the air.

    The incident came as thousands of protesters took to the streets to defy the city’s Chinese rulers on the 70th anniversary of the founding of the People’s Republic. Police Commissioner Stephen Lo Wai-chung defended the shooting as “legal and reasonable”, stressing that the officer who opened fire had legitimately felt that his life was threatened, RTHK reported. “The officer was under attack, his life was threatened. He issued a warning to no avail, and with no other option available, used his weapon,” Lo told a press briefing. “The officer opened fire to try to get himself, or his colleagues, out of a life-threatening situation. In this very short span of time, he made a decision and shot the assailant. So I believe that was his best judgement at the time, and I think this is reasonable, and legal,” he added.

    The shooting happened after a group of protesters had pushed another officer down on the ground on Tai Ho Road in Tsuen Wan and attacked him, trying to spear him with sharpened sticks, the public broadcaster quoted Lo as saying. When his colleagues tried to come to his aid, Lo said, the assailants threw bricks and other hard objects at them. It was during then that the teenager was shot with a live round.


    Exit the Dragon: Bruce Lee’s Kowloon Tong home demolished

    sh33pymd
    By sh33pymd,

    Source: Coconuts HK/inkstonenews

    The master at work. Screengrab via YouTube.

    Bruce Lee, his wife Linda Lee Cadwell and son Brandon and daughter Shannon were pictured in the 1970s.

    The former Hong Kong mansion of Bruce Lee is now being torn down, despite calls from Lee’s fans to preserve the property known as “Crane’s Nest” as a museum. 

    The two-story, 5,700 square-foot townhouse, located in the upscale district of Kowloon Tong, was where the martial arts legend spent his final years. But it will soon be demolished to make way for a Chinese cultural studies center. The demolition work kicked off on Tuesday. In the morning, the entrance to the compound was locked, while several construction workers worked around the main building, which was surrounded by bamboo scaffolds. 

    The owner of the property said the existing building had fallen into disrepair. But the decision still disappointed Lee’s fans, who have for years lobbied the Hong Kong government to turn the site into a museum to honor the late actor, who passed away in 1973 but still has a massive global following. “The former home of a superstar is finally turning into ashes, since the property owner and the government gave up on saving it,” the Bruce Lee Club, a Hong Kong-based fan group, posted on its Facebook page on Tuesday. 

    Hidden Content

      Like this post or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.
     and raised in Hong Kong, Lee is one of Hong Kong’s most famous and universally adored 

    Hidden Content

      Like this post or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.
    .  But besides a statue on the seafront, a waxwork at Madame Tussaud’s and a temporary exhibition at the Hong Kong Heritage Museum, the city has few other tributes to Lee. Some Hongkongers visited the mansion on its last day. Eleanor Xian, 50, said she came to take photos of the house for her family members, who were loyal fans of Lee. “There’s nothing we can do,” Xian said. “Hong Kong’s land is too precious. It could only be used to make money, not for conservation.”

    Lee lived in the house with his wife Linda and two children, Shannon and Brandon, after they moved to Hong Kong in 1971 in order to further his acting career. After Lee died suddenly in 1973, his widow and children moved back to the US. The following year, Chinese businessman Yu Pang-lin, a toilet cleaner-turned-billionaire, bought the property for about HK$1 million or $127,000.

    Many of Yu’s properties were rented by love hotel operators, earning him a moniker that he detested: “Love Hotel King.” The Lee house was also converted into a love hotel that charged guests by hour. In 2010, Yu wanted to donate the place, worth millions of dollars, to the government to build a Bruce Lee museum, but the two sides failed to agree on a redevelopment plan. After Yu passed away in 2015, his entire estate, including the mansion, was donated to the Yu Panglin Charitable Trust. The trust originally tried to renovate the house. But after assessing its condition, the trust estimated that repairs could cost $2.55 million, similar to the cost of demolishing the building and erecting a new one. A new building, due to be finished next year, will house a Chinese studies center that teaches children subjects like Mandarin and Chinese music, according to the trust.


Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS