Man arrested in Hong Kong for calmly shoving cleaner onto rail track

    sh33pymd
    By sh33pymd,

    Source: SCMP/Appledaily

    Youtube: On.cc

    a0201a.gif

    22la2p3.jpg

    A man from Southeast Asia was arrested in Hong Kong on Saturday morning for pushing a cleaner onto a rail track in the town of Yuen Long.

    The incident was captured on CCTV footage that has since gone viral and which appears to show the 59-year-old female cleaner shoved in the back before the culprit calmly walks away. 

    The woman, surnamed Leung, had been standing on platform No 5 at the Yuen Long terminal for the Light Rail’s 761P route at about 10.30am. The platform receives cars heading towards Tin Yat. After she waves to an acquaintance, the 56-year-old man – wearing a beige cap, green shirt and brown trousers – walks towards Leung and suddenly pushes her onto the track with his right hand. He then calmly walks away. No train was passing by at that moment.

    The Post understands that the man holds a Hong Kong identity card. A police spokeswoman said officers had arrested the man near the rail stop on suspicion of assault occasioning actual bodily harm. “The woman suffered injuries to her jaw and was sent to Pok Oi Hospital for treatment,” she said. Officers from the Yuen Long criminal investigation division are looking into the motive.


    Full result for Singapore’s Starhub TVB Awards 2017

    sh33pymd
    By sh33pymd,

    Source: The Straits Times/MingPao

    7a5367e7ad5dfbe25553b98327db0c1d.jpg

    794f7d23a908cd8a80582e314886a3dc.jpg

    77c95f72c04ff8bcf5be3764dfd4b495.jpg

    7b07646fc1e6208497409af6bd2e284c.jpg

    759cb995d995c78221b87ee42fa2b8d0.jpg

    78900987b833b046257b1ca0b85fd005.jpg

    For the first time at the StarHub TVB Awards, there was a two-way tie for the biggest winner of the night. Crime-detective drama Legal Mavericks and action crime-thriller The Unholy Alliance both notched up five awards each. The eighth edition of the glitzy affair was held on Saturday night (Oct 21) at Marina Bay Sands.

    Legal Mavericks was the dark horse of the night and their big awards haul was surprising to many given the more controversial topics that the show explores. Their trophies included favourite TVB actor Vincent Wong, 34, for his convincing portrayal of a blind lawyer, and actress Ali Lee, 34, who played a headstrong and insubordinate judge.

    He had previously won the award for My Favourite TVB Supporting Actor in 2015 and was also part of this year's Favourite TVB On-screen Couple alongside Natalie Tong for their roles as Saving and Cherry in the show My Unfair Lady.

    Wong, who won for the first time in the My Favourite TVB Actor category, was handed his award by a very emotional Nancy Wu, a long-time co-star and friend.

    An equally emotional Wong recalled his family's insistence that he stop acting classes for fear that he would end up as an extra. He later went into singing before being signed by TVB.

    Thanking his co-stars and wife, he ended his speech saying: "Lastly I'd like to say thanks to my grandfather, I hope I proved that I could be more than just calafare."

    The winning duo of the night were among the more than 25 Hong Kong stars who attended the event, much to the delight of the 1500-strong crowd.

    Other notable award winners this year were Roxanne Tong and Brian Tse, who won the TVB Best New Artiste awards, and Owen Cheung and Jacqueline Wong, who won My Favourite TVB Supporting Actor and Actress awards. The Unholy Alliance took home the biggest award of the night, My Favourite TVB Drama.

    Though time-travel comedy drama, The General, The Scholar And The Eunuch, starring Edwin Siu, Kristal Tin, Raymond Cho and Matthew Ho, led the pack with 15 nominations, it picked up only three awards, one winner in the favourite TV character female category and two in the male category.

    Hot on its heels with 14 nominations were Legal Mavericks and TVB's first 4K high-resolution television series, My Unfair Lady. The Unholy Alliance had 13 nominations and it featured the same cast as martial arts drama The Fist Within Four Walls, the biggest winner at the StarHub TVB Awards last year with seven gongs.

    Throughout the night, the mood was lively thanks to the banter from veteran host Lawrence Cheng and upcoming variety hosts Luk Ho Ming and Mayanne Mak. The crowd was also entertained by performances from Hong Kong singers G.E.M. and George Lam, Singaporean singer-songwriter Hanjin Tan and local acappella group, MICappella.

    This year the awards featured a total of 15 categories, of which 12 were open for public voting. A special 25th Anniversary Award was also presented in celebration of the silver jubilee of StarHub and TVB's partnership for the most popular TVB drama male and female characters, which went to actors Wayne Lai and Nancy Sit.

    The StarHub TVB Awards 2017 will air next Saturday on TVB First (StarHub TV Channel 860) in the original Cantonese.

    Full result for Singapore’s Starhub TVB Awards 2017

    TVB Best New Male Artist: Brain Tse

    TVB Best New Female Artist: Roxanne Tong

    TVB Most Improved Male Artist: Matthew Ho

    TVB Most Improved Female Artist: Samantha Ko

    My Favourite TVB InFo-tainment Programme: Tony Hung

    My Favourite TVB Variety Host: Luk Ho Ming and Maria Cordero 

    My Favourite TVB On-Screen Couple: Vincent Wong and Natalie Tong

    My Favourite TVB Supporting Actress: Jacqueline Wong

    My Favourite TVB Supporting Actor: Owen Cheung

    My Favourite TVB Female TV Characters: Jacqueline Wong

    My Favourite TVB Male TV Characters: Vinent Wong

    My Favourite TVB Leading Actress: Ali Lee

    My Favourite TVB Leading Actor: Vincent Wong

    My Favourite TVB Drama: The Unholy Alliance 

    Silver jubilee of StarHub Popular TVB Drama Male Character:  Wayne Lai

    Silver jubilee of StarHub Popular TVB Drama Female  Character: Nancy Sit


    Filipino woman jailed for sex with boy, 8, freed on appeal in Hong Kong

    sh33pymd
    By sh33pymd,

    Source: SCMP/Appledaily

    12075398.jpg

    A Filipino domestic helper jailed for forcing an eight-year-old boy in her care to have sex with her walked free from a Hong Kong prison on Friday, after an appeal court “reluctantly” overturned her conviction.

    The appeal judges said the original trial involved an incomplete, and at times contradictory, body of evidence, which a lower judge had made a mistake in handling. That, they said, meant they had to quash the conviction.

    The woman, in her 40s, 

    Hidden Content

      Like this post or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.
     of indecently assaulting the boy three times between 2011 and 2013 in a Kwai Chung flat. The District Court heard during the trial that she forced the boy to have penetrative sex with her. She was jailed for four and a half years. Both the identities of the boy and the woman cannot be disclosed for legal reasons.

    The case hinged largely on questions of how the sex was physically possible, including whether the boy could have had an erection at such a young age. The Appeal Court ruled on Friday that the judge at the lower court had erred when he decided that the alleged sex was possible, despite the boy testifying that his penis had been “soft” at the time.

    The appeal court judgment noted that the boy also claimed the penis was “inserted” into the woman’s vagina. Based on that testimony, District Court Judge Johnny Chan Jong-herng concluded during the trial that the boy might have been “confused” when he said his penis had been flaccid, and it had in fact been erect. “It is one thing to reject part of a witness’s evidence as exaggerated or improbable or untrue; it is another to find that the witness meant the complete opposite of what he in fact said,” three justices of appeal, Andrew Macrae, Ian McWalters and Derek Pang Wai-cheong, said.

    In the judgment, the three also slammed prosecutors for failing to guide the boy to give a comprehensive account, leaving some evidence contradictory. They said the trial judge was left with “an inherently strange and unexplained account”. For instance, the lower court had heard that the woman stood between the boy’s legs during the sex, with her legs together. The defence contested that position was not possible. “The judge was left with the problem of deciding how the complainant could have achieved penetration of an adult woman … when his penis was, and apparently remained, “soft” throughout, when her legs were together and when Dr Ho, an expert prosecution witness, expressed the view that penetration in such circumstance was impossible,” the appeal judges wrote. They pointed out that the three indecent assault charges the woman faced required less than penetrative sex for a conviction. But since the trial judge did not explore the case that way, taking into account the possibility of lesser acts, the appeal court would have to “reluctantly” overturn her conviction.

    The Department of Justice did not ask for a retrial. During the trial, the boy alleged the woman dragged him to his room, took off his pants, and molested him. They had penetrative sex for a conviction. But since the trial judge did not explore the case that way, taking into account the possibility of lesser acts, the appeal court would have to “reluctantly” overturn her conviction.

    The Department of Justice did not ask for a retrial. During the trial, the boy alleged the woman dragged him to his room, took off his pants, and molested him. They had penetrative sex twice more, the boy claimed, and he did not know what had happened until he received sex education at primary school last year.

     

    Manhunt for driver who hit six people – including a six-year-old – on two busy Hong Kong streets

    sh33pymd
    By sh33pymd,

    Source: SCMP/Appledaily/Youtube

    1508475773_691f.jpg

    1508472583_3e44.jpg

    1508475493_d033.jpg

    1508494596_2cfb.jpg
     
    Police were hunting for a driver who sped through three sets of red lights, mowed down six people and rammed into a minibus and a double-decker on two busy Hong Kong streets on Friday. Six pedestrians – three men, two women and a six-year-old girl – went sent to hospital, police said. All six escaped serious injury.

    The pink Toyota iQ bearing the number plate “1CE BABY” was travelling along Nathan Road in Yau Ma Tei heading north towards Mong Kok when the first incident occurred, just before 11.30am. The car knocked down three passers-by – two men and one woman – at a pedestrian crossing when it jumped a red light at the junction of Nathan Road and Man Ming Lane, police said. “The car continued to run and jumped another red light when it made an illegal left turn onto Waterloo Road, where it knocked down another three pedestrians and slammed into a minibus,” a police source said. Those three pedestrians were a 32-year-old female 

    Hidden Content

      Like this post or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.
     from India, her six-year-old daughter, and a local man aged 58.

    The source said the front bumper of the hit-and-run car broke off in the collision. However, the collision did not stop the car and it continued down the road. “It rammed into a double-decker when it sped through the third set of red lights at the junction of Waterloo Road and Shanghai Street,” he said. The car pulled over outside Yau Ma Tei Wholesale Fruit Market on Waterloo Road near the junction with Reclamation Street. The site is about 500 metres away from where it hit the first three pedestrians. “The male driver abandoned the car and fled before officers arrived,” a police spokeswoman said. The man was described as Chinese, wearing a cap, black T-shirt and blue jeans.

    A video clip shows the driver sitting in the car for about 30 seconds after it came to a stop, then he jumps out of the vehicle and flees on foot when two police officers arrive. The footage also shows the man run across the central divider to cross Waterloo Road, with the two officers giving chase. Officers searched the area, but no arrest was made. Police said the six pedestrians suffered minor injuries and were taken conscious to Kwong Wah Hospital for treatment.  A police sniffer dog was called in to search the car, but no drugs were found.

    Detectives from the Yau Tsim police district were handling the case, which was classified as furious driving. Police were searching for the woman who owns of the car. According to registration records, she bought the vehicle for about HK$85,000 (US$10,900) in 2013.


    After abandon baby’s death, another child found left near rubbish bin; arrests made in both cases

    sh33pymd
    By sh33pymd,

    Source: Coconuts HK/ON.cc

    bkn-20171019194653064-1019_00822_001_01p.jpg?20171019230425

    bkn-20171019194653064-1019_00822_001_02b.jpg?20171019230425

    A young boy was found left alone next to a rubbish bin in Wan Chai yesterday, only a day after a newborn girl 

    Hidden Content

      Like this post or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.
    Arrests have been made in both cases, according to reports, which, fortunately, say the young boy was uninjured but taken to hospital for a medical check.

    According to the SCMP, the little guy, aged one or two, was 

    Hidden Content

      Like this post or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.
    , on Queens Road East at about 6pm by a female passerby, who called police. A 38-year-old Filipino mother, who arrived at the scene after officers were called, has been arrested on suspicion of abusing the infant.

    Hidden Content

      Like this post or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.
     reports that the mother, identified only as Lucy, is unemployed and living in a shelter, and the whereabouts of the baby’s father are unknown. The 

    Hidden Content

      Like this post or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.
     reports that the woman and child lived on Johnston Road.

    The case came a day after that of the newborn girl, who was found on the sidewalk near the  intersection of Hennessy and Tonnochy roads. Found naked and unconscious with her umbilical cord still attached, the baby was taken to hospital, where she was declared dead. A 22-year-old woman, reported to hold a Zambian passport, has been arrested on suspicion of infanticide, the SCMP reported. She was 

    Hidden Content

      Like this post or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.
     after police studied CCTV footage, RTHKreported. Police said they believed the baby was born at the guesthouse on Tuesday night, while the mother was in Hong Kong on a three-month visa, according to RTHK.

     

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS